Hallett Nature Sanctuary

Parks Commissioner Robert Moses created a 3.5-acre nature sancturary in the south end of the park in 1934, closing it to the public so that plants and wildlife could thrive without human disturbance.

It was renamed the Hallett Nature Sanctuary in 1986.

PHOTOS: Armen Terjimanian and Jen Brown
 
1 of 11
Production of NYC24 | copyright 2005